The not-so-small print 🙂
Please take a few moments to read through the serious stuff below, it forms the basis of a contract between you and Seriously Fun (that’s us).
Booking and payment
Your card details will be stored for future bookings:
If you pay by card, your payment details will be securely stored by Sage to be used with your consent, for future bookings.
1. A contract comprised of these terms and conditions will exist between us when we have taken your booking.
2. You will receive a confirmation by email detailing exactly what has been booked. If anything appears incorrect please contact us straight away.
3. All correspondence will be with the person making the booking who accepts the terms and conditions on behalf of all participants.
4. The contract between us is governed by English Law and any dispute will be dealt with under the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
5. Occasionally lessons will run in half-term breaks, school holidays and bank holidays. Please check our website for term and holiday dates.
6. As Seriously Fun operates a rolling curriculum and small class sizes you are able to enrol and start your classes any week of the year subject to availability. From commencement date these are consecutive weeks until the term’s end. The agreed start date cannot be varied once the booking has been completed.
7. Seriously Fun may cancel Lessons if payment is not received within seven days or before the first Lesson date whichever is the sooner, or in the case of renewing your booking for the next term by the renewal deadline date.
Booking cooling off period
We have a 24 hour Cooling Off Period, so if you cancel within 24 hours of booking, you’ll receive a full refund.
Renewing your booking from term to term
We look forward to teaching our students over a number of terms to ensure that they get maximum benefit from our lessons.
To ensure your place is secured from term to term, we offer an automatic rebooking system when you pay by card:
1. We will advise you of our ‘Priority Booking’ deadline for the next term approximately four to six weeks before the current term ends.
2. If you have paid by card, then unless you inform us by the ‘Priority Booking’ deadline in writing ONLY by email or letter that you would like to cancel, your card will be charged and your child will be booked onto the next course.
3. If you are paying by cheque (or would like to change to cheque payments) then your payment must be received by the ‘Priority Booking’ deadline to secure your child’s place.
4. By making a ‘Priority Booking’ you are reserving a place on the next course and not a specific time. We will endeavour to keep your slot as close to your current time as possible and will contact you if it’s necessary to move your lesson time by more than one hour.
5. Your lesson day and time will be confirmed at the end of term by email once your child has been assessed and classes finalised.
6. If you can’t make the time you’ve been given, then our usual cancellation policy will apply. If your lesson time has changed by more than one hour and you cannot make the new time, you will be entitled to a full credit or refund.
7. If you request to change your time and this is not possible, we will allocate a class as close to your existing time as possible.
8. Please note that if payment for a renewal is not received before the deadline date we can no longer reserve your place in the next term and if another customer books the space your place will be lost.
1. If Seriously Fun is unable to provide the Lessons for any reason we will offer you a make-up lesson where possible. If Seriously Fun cannot provide a make-up lesson you will be entitled to a credit or refund to the value of the lessons not provided.
2. In exceptional circumstances, we reserve the right to change your existing class time. If you are unable to attend the lesson at the adjusted time you will be entitled to a credit to the value of the lessons not yet provided.
3. Credits are valid for a period of twelve months from the time of application and can be used to reduce the fees of any course you book during that period. Thereafter the credit will be forfeited and cannot be used against any future booking.
4. Seriously Fun is under no obligation to issue a refund for lessons missed due to adverse weather conditions when the venue is safe, accessible and lessons are provided. We are unable to offer a refund or rescheduling of lessons due to adverse weather conditions that may prevent you from attending a class.
5. If your lesson is cancelled part way through, you will receive a credit on a pro-rata basis. Credits will only be issued to those in attendance.
If you cannot attend a lesson for any reason, we are unable to offer a make-up lesson, credit or refund. Your booking and payment secures your child’s place at a specific time for the full course.
Changing or cancelling lessons
Please note that cancellations will only be accepted in writing.
We have tried to give you as much flexibility as possible within our operational constraints.
1. Changing your lesson time:
a) To help you be flexible in your schedule you can request us to change your lesson time, day, or pool and we will endeavour to accommodate your request subject to a space being available.
2. Cancelling courses:
a) If you cancel up to 7 days before your course starts, you’ll receive a refund minus a £30 admin fee. Please allow up to 14 days for your refund to be processed.
b) If you cancel within 7 days of the start of your course or once your course has started you will not be entitled to any credit or refund.
c) Cancellations must be received in writing by email or letter (contact us).
1. There is an administrative charge of £10.00 where a cheque is returned unpaid by your bank or in the case of an unreasonably disputed credit or debit card payment.
2. In circumstances where a payment is returned, we reserve the right to suspend a child’s place without a credit being applied to the account or a refund made due for lessons missed until the returned amount is repaid in full.
Teaching policies and procedures
1. Seriously Fun will provide suitably qualified instructors fully trained in the Seriously Fun programme.
2. Seriously Fun instructors who work in the water will teach a programme focusing on achieving optimum results by supporting the body and aiding correct stroke technique through demonstration and manipulation.
3. It is our policy to endeavour to provide a temporary replacement instructor in the event of any instructor absence.
4. We reserve the right to replace instructors, if necessary once the term has started.
5. Seriously Fun can only be responsible for students during their swimming lessons and parents and/or guardians are responsible at all other times. The swimming lesson begins when we accept charge of the student from the parent or guardian and ends when the student is returned to the designated changing area at the end of the lesson. Although we will endeavour to hand the student back directly to the parent or guardian the student is the full and sole responsibility of the parent or guardian when the student is returned to the designated changing area at the end of the lesson. This is very important so please ensure that you or your appointed guardian is present at the designated changing area at the end of the lesson. Where a student is a teenager over the age of sixteen years old the student may attend the lesson without the presence of a parent or guardian but the student remains the full and sole responsibility of the parent at all times before and after the lesson.
6. Children up to 8 years of age may change in either sex change room. Children aged 9 years and over must change in the changing room of their own sex. However, this may differ depending on the requirements of the venue. If children need assistance changing, the sex of the changing room should be the same sex as the parent/adult that is helping. So a Mum helping her son should use the female changing room and a Dad helping his daughter should use the male changing room (this would be the same as a parent taking their child to the toilet in a restaurant for example). For the safeguarding of children, we also recommend that children do not get changed on poolside or in common areas.
7. Parents must remain on the premises whilst the student is in their lesson. This is imperative in case of the unlikely event of a medical emergency, building evacuation or other situation.
8. The Company retains a comprehensive Public Liability Insurance Policy, a copy of which is held at the company’s head office.
9. Seriously Fun reserves the right to cancel or amend Lessons and Courses in exceptional circumstances.
10. Listed class numbers are target figures and cannot always be guaranteed. There are times when a teacher may be unable to attend due to sickness. In the unusual event of this, every effort is made to provide a replacement but occasionally classes may need to be combined.
11. Parents of children attending Junior classes will be invited onto poolside to view on the first week, last week and on a suitably arranged session around the middle of term. Please ensure that noise is kept to a minimum on viewing week and any children watching are kept close to you at all times. Parents must never distract the swimming teacher during lessons and should direct all communication through the poolside helper or co-coordinator.
12. If a certificate has been printed incorrectly please return it to the office and we will issue a new certificate free of charge.
Baby Swimming and swim nappies
1. All babies and toddlers attending our Swim Baby 1, 2 and 3 classes, regardless of age or whether they are potty trained, will be required to wear an under nappy and swim nappy as part of a double nappy system for health and safety reasons. The double nappy system consists of a disposable or re-usable swim nappy PLUS a neoprene swim nappy. To ensure the safety of all and to avoid accidents, we reserve the right to refuse entry to any child without the correct swim nappies.
2. Please ensure all used nappies are taken away with you or disposed of using a nappy bin if one has been provided.
3. There is to be only one adult in the pool at a time with each child. We are happy for other family members or friends to bring your child to classes. Anyone attending lessons for the first time must let the teacher know at the beginning of the so they can provide any extra help or advice that may be required.
4. Please arrive no more than 15 minutes before the start of your lesson to help ensure there is enough room for everyone to change comfortably and to avoid your child becoming restless.
5. No prams or car seats should be taken into the changing rooms or onto poolside. Outdoor shoes should be removed or plastic overshoes worn before entering poolside.
6. Please help us to maintain a calm and relaxed poolside atmosphere by keep poolside noise to a minimum while you are waiting for your class to start.
7. You are responsible for the safety and supervision of any children you bring at all times. Any children that are viewing lessons should always be under the direct supervision of an adult who is not taking part in the lesson.
Venues and swimming pools
1. Seriously Fun will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that the condition of the pool premises including the changing rooms, washing facilities and the pool area are in suitable condition.
2. Seriously Fun does not accept liability for any injury to a swimmer which may be caused by any defect at the swimming pool or venue. Any claim arising from such a defect must be addressed to the proprietors of the pool premises.
3. No prams or car seats should be taken into the changing rooms or onto poolside. Outdoor shoes should be removed or plastic overshoes worn before entering poolside.
In line with recommendations from the STA (Swimming Teacher’s Association) and the ASA (Amateur Swimming Association), children are not encouraged to wear goggles. This helps to promote water confidence and enables them to swim without goggles, which is important for safety. It also reduces the time spent adjusting goggles which can take up valuable lesson time. If however your child has become dependent on goggles we can help to reduce this dependency.
1. Photography procedures may vary from venue to venue so please always ask before using any photographic equipment.
2. Photographic equipment includes cameras, video recorders, mobile phones etc.
3. Please do not share or post photos that include children other than your own online or to social media sites such as Facebook, Instagram etc.
4. By attending the lessons you give permission for Seriously FUN to use any photos we take while the lessons are in progress for promotional purposes.