4 months to 3 years
Swim Baby 1
Under 12 months old & HAVE NOT attended swimming lessons before.
Swim Baby 2
Under 12 months old & HAVE attended swimming lessons before OR aged 12 to 24 months.
Swim Baby 3
Aged 24 to 36 months.
3 to 12 years
Beginner (Stage 1)
Non-swimmer unable to swim at least 5 metres on front and back independently without floats.
Improver 1 (Stage 2)
Can swim 5 metres on front and back independently without floats.
Improver 2 (Stage 3)
Can swim 10 metres on front and back independently without floats.
Intermediate 1 (Stage 4)
Can swim 10 metres front crawl with face in the water and 10 metres back stroke using arms.
Intermediate 2 (Stage 5)
Can tread water out of depth for 10 seconds, swim 25 metres back stroke, 10 metres breast stroke and breathe to the side while swimming front crawl.
Competent (Stage 6)
Can swim 50 metres front crawl with breathing to the side, 50 metres back stroke, 25 metres breast stroke and swim under water for 5 metres.
Advanced (Stage 7)
Can swim 100 metres front crawl, 200 metres back stroke, 50 metres breast stroke, tread water out of depth for at least 1 minute and perform a forward roll.
Click to see venues
• Manor Green School (Maidenhead)
• St. Piran’s School (Maidenhead)
• Aylesbury Grammar School (Aylesbury)
• The Beacon School (Amersham)
• Chiltern Wood School (High Wycombe)
• Teikyo Japanese School (Slough)
• Thorpe House School (Gerrards Cross)
• Roedean School (Brighton)
• Green Street Green School (Orpington)
• Skeet Hill House (Orpington)
• The New Beacon School (Sevenoaks)
• Moor House School (Oxted)
• Great Walstead School (Haywards Heath)
• The Globe Primary School (Lancing)
12 years +
Swim club for advanced swimmers looking to improve style, build stamina and work on technique in a sociable, friendly and relaxed atmosphere.